Interview


Here I’m going to write something which probably you won't believe if you personally know me. I’m going to narrate the situation which i faced first time in my life. Actually it was a job interview. I should say thanks to that interview, though i failed to match up with what they want, i learned many things as it was my first interview.

On 7th January i had an interview at 9:30 am  for the post of assistant professor (communication skills) in one of the well known university at Anand. I had applied for it long before but get an interview call a day before an interview. But i already knew the dates so i was ready to attend. It was very far from Bhavnagar. It took 4:30 hours to reach Anand. As i had already decided to attend the interview i left for Anand at 11:00 pm on 6th January by Tanna travells. It was cold night of winter but it didn't matter once i have decide. And 2:00 Am i checked in at Tarapur Chowkdi and down board the bus. Now i had to take another bus for Anand from there, fortunately i found guy(Lalji Makwana) who also wanted to go to Anand. It was quite difficult and new for me as i had never visited Anand. Soon we get the bus, on the way i was wishing the bus to be late because i had no where to go in the unknown city, thus better it will take time and in way time passes but unfortunately we reached  Anand at 3:30. Still i have six hours to pass(i was thinking). But my fellow traveller asked me where will you go? You will not get any vehicle to approach venue for interview before 7:00 am.  I replied nowhere but, may be at bus stand. He suggested “ why don't you come with me at my room ? it is late night and more in that the skin tearing cold wind. It's not easy to agree to someone whom you don't know and at unknown place. And finally the midnight and cold winter asked me to agree with him. And at midnight we knock the door of an old man at 3:40, Kartikkaka (Lalji  gave him call with this name) opened the door and we got in. Though we were in room we still shivering from cold and finally i bid him good night. Lalji is a BBA student there and stay there as paying guest with old couple. Next day it at 6 am i wake up and made my self ready to reach the place. At 6:45 i left the room and say thank and say good buy  to Lalji. You can say it an example of humanity.

Finally at 9 O'clock i reached there, i was mesmerized by the artificial at natural beauty of the campus. it was quite refreshing atmosphere, the whole campus is full of trees and plants, the greenery of play ground was mind blowing, just beside a canteen there is a lake and thousands of lotuses just blossomed, and then i entered the building.

There Soon they verified our(there are 9 candidates for 2 vacancy) documents and asked me to give written exam and computer test which i completed satisfactorily. Then comes time for presentation. And i started my presentation but the observer are too interruptive, according to me uninterested. They asked me several questions and i defended my self very well. Then they give us break for lunch. After completing a lunch we again gathered at waiting area. The staff of institution was moving here and there from one office to another- just like movie- dramatically they were exchanging files. And after the long wait with my unknown competitors, a person from institute came and announced three names and asked them to go with him. Remaining six of us staring at  each other's faces, with ambiguous countenance. And soon there starts rumour between them(there is setting and prefixed plan) but i was not interested in that. Then for more half and hour we waited for our turn and it was already 2pm i was feeling asleep as i had sleepless night. Then one more time we were moved to other place finally it was a room beside the office of principal thus we are hopeful that finally the time has come for the interview. Now there were only six persons on the waiting room- thus it is clear that the three person whom they called before us were actually could not pass test and ppt. The first candidate went in and returned after 15 minutes, she was asked too many questions until she get confused. It was round table interview, there are 13 interviewer. One after another went in and returned. Mine was the last turn and it was about to 4pm, i was little bit nervous and dozing as i mentioned of sleepless night i could not bear any more. Eventually i entered the interview room 26 eyes were looking at me and my two are trying to roll over their faces. I was asked take my seat. I did. Then starts the flow of questions. The very first was “give some examples of soft skills? One of the madam asked. I was nervous and now my body and mind are not working coherently because of sleep. I replied “emotional intelligence, problem solving, speaking and listening etc.” she added “if there is soft skill then there must be hard skills right !” i said “yes mam”. Again she asked then differentiate hard skill and soft skills( and this was worlds' most difficult question for me at that time not because it really is, but because i don't know) and i replied sorry mam i don't know(tough i knew the later one). For me it was worlds most difficult situation when i replied and wait for reply. Soon after that i left the room as principle said thank you.

That day i only learn that you should know each and every detail of the subject or post you are applying for, here i failed to answer because i didn’t prepare my self in advance for the interview. And yeah it was my first interview, i hadn't face any interview like this before so it was obviously going to happen. I will suggest you to never go in any interview without groundwork or for the sake to go. Start preparing yourself from the very day you submit the application. Collect each and every details in and about the subject, post, institution, rules, roles. Prepare yourself by practicing dramatic interview, it will help to increase your confidence. With all these you require professionalism(many candidates failed to impress the interviewer) If the place is far from your home than it's better to go a day in advance, sometimes travelling also affects your performance.

Thank you for reading my blog i hope mine failure will help you to avoid yours. All the best !!    

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For the aspirants of UGC/ NET/SET

#Masaan movie review